CREATE A LASTING LEGACY FOR FUTURE
GENERATIONS BY COMMISSIONING WORK TODAY
Almost all work produced at the Studio of John the Baptist is commissioned, allowing us to give every work individual care and focus so that each piece fulfills its intended purpose superbly.
STEPS IN THE PROCESS
- A prospective client makes contact with the Studio of John the Baptist, communicating an idea, desire, or need.
- If necessary the Studio carries out site visits to ensure that what is designed is in keeping with the intended environment and, in the case of larger works, that structural site requirements can be met.
- The Studio then develops the ideas into working sketches. These are presented to the client, along with a quote.
- Once an initial payment has been made (of 50% of the total price, or as agreed for larger commissions) time is then allocated for the project in the Studio's work queue.
- Final payment is made upon completion, allowing the handover of work to take place.
- Blessing of the finished commission is arranged by the client.
The saying, "Good things take time" is true for all sacred artworks. The time honoured methods, materials, and fine craftsmanship exercised at the Studio of John the Baptist require focused, diligent work and cannot be rushed. Please make commissions well in advance.
REASONS TO COMMISSION a work
Works are commissioned to:
- Enhance a prayer space or Liturgical setting
- Establish Catholic Character
- Mark Jubilee celebrations
- Create a Memorial
- Restore Sacred Art or a Liturgical space to former glory
- Honour a Patron Saint
- Provide a precious wedding or anniversary gift